Being a Trustee at People to Places is an integral part of our charity. People to Places aims to provide independence to people with mobility issues within the Royal Borough. We strive towards parity between those with and without mobility needs. The fundamental aim is to tackle social isolation and loneliness. People to Places will continue to provide people with the means to participate in their local community.
The Charities Act 1993 defines Trustees as those responsible under the charity’s governing documents for controlling the administration and management of the charity. For People to Places our Board of Trustees is our governing body and comprises:
- Chair of Trustees
- Safeguarding (It is a legal requirement to have safeguarding sufficiently recognised within our governance, People to Places frequently works with vulnerable adults and children)
- Up to an additional six Trustees
What our Trustees do
We want our Board to champion People to Place on a daily basis, acting as informal “Brand Ambassadors” in supporting our service users.
The role of the Board is to ensure:
– People to Places adheres to all legal responsibilities and obligations
– Set the strategic and policy framework for the organisation
– Monitor performance and risks
The Board has a collective responsibility for People to Places and makes policy regarding external funding and it’s application to our charitable purposes. To achieve success, the Board must act together as a group and not individually.
Who are we looking for?
People to Places always aim to have a range of experiences and backgrounds represented on our Board. We endeavour to have Trustees who can champion the following areas that benefit the smooth running of the charity:
Health and Social Care, Finance, Marketing, Accessibility, Human Resources, Legal Issues, Compliance & Risk and Local Voluntary Sector.
For more information about our latest position, Chair of Trustees for People to Places, click here.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years or over
- Must have no unspent criminal convictions
- Have an in date full DBS check or be willing to undertake one